Memphis InstructUP Meetings
In 2016, we launched the first CAO support network among Memphis charter networks. We met throughout the 2016-17 school year to deepen our expertise, discuss key elements of our academic strategy, and see each other’s schools while sharpening our vision of excellent instruction. We are continuing this group in a different format for 2017-18.
Memphis InstructUP meetings give leaders the chance to collaborate and learn together on key topics.
Rationale for the Group
- Supporting excellent daily instruction is hard and academic leaders don’t have access to many local opportunities to talk about the “nuts and bolts” that go into improvement.
- Academic leadership roles are incredibly complicated with few clear answers and can be lonely within a system.
- There are lessons we can learn from each other’s successes and challenges to improve outcomes for all students.
- There are strong resources out there and insights from research and practice and it is impossible to stay current while also running a school.
Where We're Going
During the 2017-18 school year, we will be doing the following:
- Quarterly InstructUp meetings (morning, with a light breakfast provided); free for each system to bring 3 people (e.g., CAO and an instructional coach) and bring others topically as makes sense. These meetings will include topical presentations, discussions and artifact sharing on system level topics (i.e. science direction and resources, coaching approach, lessons learned from high growth schools.
- Research round-ups by email on key topics and access to tools and resources (shared Google Drive.)
The InstructUP meetings are free events, and your system is invited to send up to three representatives to each meeting.
Contact Bryan Hearn at email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Meeting #1 - November 30, 2017 - 8:30am-12:30pm CT
- Meeting #2 - January 24, 2018 - 8:30am-12:30pm CT (Register below)
- Meeting #3 - February 28, 2018 - 8:30am-12:30pm CT