The 2017-18 Principal Collaborative is designed to provide principals opportunities to hone their vision of excellent instruction through content-focused observation and feedback.
Principals who complete this course will use the Instructional Practices Guide to establish a clear vision of high-quality, standards aligned instruction in the focus content area and deepen their knowledge and skill in providing content focused feedback to support teachers.
Features of the Principal Collaboratives
- Classroom observation practice and norming using the IPG
- Planning for and practice providing content-specific feedback grounded in the IPG
- Complimentary breakfast refreshments and lunch
- Meeting #1: November 13th, Lexington City Schools, 8:30am-3:30pm CT
- Meeting #2: January 25th, Haywood County Schools, 8:30am-3:30pm CT
- Meeting #3: March 6th, Huntingdon SSD, 8:30am-3:30pm CT
- Meeting #1: November 15th, Anderson County Schools, 8:30am-3:30pm ET
- Meeting #2: January 23rd, Murfreesboro City, 8:30am-3:30pm CT
- Meeting #3: March 8th, Lawrence County, 8:30am-3:30pm CT
- Delivery: 3 full-day, in-person regional meetings
- Cost: Partner Districts are invited to register two principals for free. Any additional registrants will be priced at $1,000 per principal. In the future we will not offer free seats, so we encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity!
- Credit: We have applied for TASL credit for the three-session course.
- Audience: Principals supporting instructional improvement who want to improve their ability to observe and provide feedback on content of teaching
- Focus: Each principal will choose one of the grade band and subject areas of focus. Note that the Secondary track includes both middle and high school.:
- Elementary Math
- Secondary Math
- Elementary ELA
- Secondary ELA
We hope your principals can join us and their peers for this support-based professional development opportunity. This is the pilot year for Principal Collaboratives: Observation & Feedback with the IPG, so please note that the cost of this course for the full year may be higher next year. Registration is open now and can be accessed below.