Host Info & Application
We are seeking districts and schools to host regional Standards Bootcamps. The goal of the Standards Bootcamps is to provide cross-district, grade- and content-specific support to educators in various roles, especially teachers. We host training events in schools to minimize the cost, and to allow us to offer trainings in areas which may not have hotels or conference centers with adequate meeting space.
In exchange for hosting training, districts will be comped registration fees for four spots in the training(s) of their choosing, a value of $2,600. Included below is more information about what we are looking for in host schools.
In addition to these requirements, we will give preference to locations that are centrally located within the region and convenient to major highways/interstates.
|Classroom Space||Schools should have at least 30 classrooms available to host the training sessions with necessary technology (projector, screen, and basic speakers) and chairs/tables or desks for a minimum of 25 adults.|
|Internet Access||All rooms should have access to wireless internet and sufficient broadband to provide access to up to 250 attendees simultaneously.|
|Parking Spaces||Schools should have adequate parking available for at least 250 attendees.|
|Common Areas||We will be providing coffee and a light breakfast as well as lunch for training attendees. Schools should have a space such as a lunch room or atrium where boxed lunch can be set up and served.|
|Schools should provide janitorial services throughout the training event and an on-site contact (principal, AP, lead teacher, etc.) with knowledge of the school building and technology.|
Training Week School Availability:
- Monday, 12:00-4:00: School open for set-up, on-site contact meets with site team
- Tuesday-Friday, 7:00-4:00: School open for training (Training hours are 8:00-3:30)
- Tennessee Host Date Options:
- June 18, 2018 - June 22, 2018
- July 9, 2018 - July 13, 2018
- January 5: School-site applications due
- January 12: Applicants notified of selection status
Click here to apply to host Summer Standards Bootcamps in your school or district.
AS A HOST, WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
- Coordination and communication throughout the spring with the Instruction Partners team to finalize logistics and event details, including directions, parking information, room assignments, etc.
- Instruction Partners’ site support team in your district for 5 days - a half-day on Monday to set up and four full days (7:00-4:00 local time) Tuesday through Thursday of the training week.
- Up to 250 teachers/leaders attending training in your school or district on a given training day.
- Waived registration fee for four educators to attend training offering(s) of your choosing.