Rethinking Intervention takeaways and resources
The Rethinking Intervention project engages education leaders, researchers, and practitioners in deep conversations about what we know accelerates student learning.
Six big takeaways
- Relationships and learning are inseparably connected.
- What teachers expect of their students influences what students expect of themselves.
- Students engage and learn best from work that is challenging, relevant to their lives, and helps them understand and impact the world.
- Moving forward into new content with support will advance learning more than stopping and going back.
- Even a great plan will not work for all students; continuously monitoring, understanding, and meeting needs will.
- The way teachers support students mirrors the way leaders support teachers.
Below, explore the supporting resources for each takeaway, which are built to facilitate conversations in faculty meetings, PLCs, and cabinet discussions. You can access the combined takeaways, lessons learned, and leadership actions here.
Relationships and learning
Teacher and student expectations
Understanding and meeting needs
Explore the full interview archive
SANDRA ALBERTI, STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT PARTNERS
ELAINE ALLENSWORTH, UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO
CAMI ANDERSON, THIRDWAY SOLUTIONS
DEBORAH LOWENBERG BALL, UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN
CANDICE BOCALA, HARVARD GRADUATE SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
LEIGH BOZARD, EMERGE SCHOOL FOR AUTISM
ROBERT Q. BERRY, III, UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA
JODY BINTZ, BSCS SCIENCE LEARNING
PAMELA CANTOR, TURNAROUND FOR CHILDREN
ROBERT CROSBY, III, FLAMBOYAN FOUNDATION
SEASON EPPS, RUTHERFORD COUNTY SCHOOLS
JOSÉ GUADARRAMA, FORMERLY FIRSTLINE SCHOOLS
E.D. HIRSCH, CORE KNOWLEDGE FOUNDATION
HEATHER HILL, HARVARD GRADUATE SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
SARA KERR AND NATE SCHWARTZ, EDRESEARCH FOR RECOVERY
JOHN KING, THE EDUCATION TRUST
DIANA LEDDY, VERMONT WRITING COLLABORATIVE
GLORIA LADSON-BILLINGS, FORMERLY UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN
SCOTT MARION, CENTER FOR ASSESSMENT
BILL MCCALLUM, ILLUSTRATIVE MATHEMATICS
GHOLDY MUHAMMAD, GEORGIA STATE UNIVERSITY
TIFFANY NEILL, OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
BETH RABBITT, THE LEARNING ACCELERATOR
BROR SAXBERG, CHAN ZUCKERBERG INITIATIVE
PRESTON SMITH, ROCKETSHIP PUBLIC SCHOOLS
YOLANDA WATSON SPIVA, COMPLETE COLLEGE AMERICA
JEFF WETZLER, TRANSCEND EDUCATION
MARCUS WHITNEY, HEALTH:FURTHER